School Lunches

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Gold, Glitter, and Feathers... Oh my!



Do you ever have the urge to hand paint feathers then sprinkle them with glitter? Oh, you don't? Umm... ya... me neither. 

Except I do... and I did... and no, that doesn't mean I have so much time on my hands that I couldn't possibly find anything to do other than hand paint feathers. I'm busy, you're busy, we're all busy. Certain things suffer... *cough* like the dishes *cough* or the laundry *cough* or the other housework *cough*... but I found sitting down hand painting feathers while all the kids in the house napped to be remarkably therapeutic.  

Here are just a few pictures of my hand painted feathers turned into a cupid's arrow. 





Tools and supplies - paint, glitter, and heavy card stock in the color of your choice (I went with gold), a thick wooden skewer (or twig, or something else that resembles a stick), feathers, and some type of yarn to wrap around the base of the feathers. 







I know some of these look like they were 'dipped', but they aren't. I had painted each one in a relatively short amount of time. I suppose you could try spray paint but you would need to somehow weigh the feather down and I think it would be more difficult than just doing it by hand.






I then hot glued them to one end of the skewer and made an 'arrow' out of the card stock for the other end. I created a 'pocket' by not gluing both sides of the arrow together to allow me to stick the end of the skewer inside.



Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with it. But for now, it sure looks pretty just sitting there.



No comments:

Post a Comment